Terms and Conditions
- Please note all representations of colours are approximate due to mixing, printing and photographic process.
- Lead time on all orders is 6-8 weeks from the payment date.
- A 50% deposit is required to confirm your order. The balance is payable on delivery.
- Orders cannot be expedited due to any birth prior to the due date.
- Comfy Mummy offers a 7 (seven) day cancellation policy from the date that your order is placed.
- Because all of our rocking chairs are custom made to order, we are unable to accept cancellations or returns after this period.
- Should you wish to cancel your order this must be done in writing and emailed to Comfy Mummy to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. The cancellation will only be valid if acknowledged in writing by Comfy Mummy.
- Any orders cancelled after 7 (seven) days will not be eligible for a refund.
- If you have any queries or would like to discuss whether your item will fit, please feel free to contact us before placing your order.
- If you are not happy with the product and wish to return it, this can be done within 7 days provided that it has not been used, returned in the same packaging and is in a resalable condition.
- The cost to return the item to our warehouse is for the client’s account.
- Refunds will be processed within 10 working days once we have received the item and the above criteria have been met.
- The standard lead time on all orders is 4-6 weeks. Whilst every effort will be made to ensure that delivery will be within the standard delivery time of 4 (four) to 6 (six) weeks, Comfy Mummy will not be held responsible for any delays caused by unforeseen circumstances in the manufacturing and delivery process.
- Upon placing your order, you will receive an email with your order details.
- As soon as your rocking chair is ready to be delivered, we will contact you to set up your delivery date.
- Please note it is not possible to select your own date and time of delivery as deliveries are done by a third party.
- All deliveries must be signed for.
- Please make sure that you are at home during the scheduled delivery time as re-delivery is an extra R200.
- Please make sure to arrange clear access to the room of choice as our delivery team cannot be held responsible for moving personal items.
- It is your responsibility to advise us of any non-standard delivery circumstances that may apply at the point of ordering. Should you have any concerns over access, then please contact us by e-mail. No returns will be accepted as a result of the item not fitting.
- Product flaws must be reported within 48 hours of delivery in writing to Comfy Mummy and emailed to email@example.com.
- All reasonable efforts will be made to repair any flaws or defects.
- The frame and the rocking mechanism carries a 5 (five) year warranty.
- Do not sit on the arms of the rocking chair, the arms of the frame are not designed to carry the full weight of an adult. Broken arms will not be covered in the 5 (five) year warranty of the frame.
- Our warranty DOES NOT cover:
- Fabric as these are subject to wear and tear and are beyond Comfy Mummy’s control
- Misuse, improper care, or alteration
- Personal opinion dissatisfaction pertaining to functionality, features or aesthetics.
- Stains. Scotchgard is not a guarantee against stains on the fabric. Scotchgard forms a protective layer on the fabric which helps stains from settling into the fabric.
- The warranty is only valid to the original owner of purchase. We will unfortunately NOT accept a transfer of warranty.
- Please be prepared to provide your invoice number, photographs and a description of the warranty issue.
Terms of website
Welcome to www.comfymummy.co.za, please take a moment to read our Terms and Conditions in order to understand how they apply to your use of our website.
These Terms and Conditions apply to your use of our website, www.comfymummy.co.za.
All users are bound by these Terms and Conditions and by registering or using the site at all, you recognise that you’ve read and understood these Terms and Conditions and agree to be bound by them. Please do not use our website if you do not agree to be bound by these Terms as all online purchases from our website are subject to these Terms and Conditions.
- Online Terms and Conditions
These Online Terms and Conditions are a contract between you and www.comfymummy.co.za.
The company has its physical address at Block 5, Unit 51, Sunny Rock Office Park, Corner Sunrock Close and Northreef Road, Sunnyrock Park, Germiston, 1401 www.comfymummy.co.za elects this physical address for all purposes regarding these terms and conditions, whether for legal notice or serving of other communication documents of any kind.
- Applicable Laws
This site is run and controlled from the Republic of South Africa. As such it is governed by South African legislation and any disputes arising in relation to our agreement with you shall, to the extent permitted by law, be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the South African courts.
- Disclaimer and limitation of liability
Use of our website, www.comfymummy.co.za is entirely at your own risk. You agree, to the extent permitted by law, to indemnify us against any loss or damage suffered or liability incurred by reason of any act or omission on your part or that of any third party acting on your behalf in connection with your use of our website and/or your purchase of any products.
The information, content, services, and features of the website, including text, graphics and links are provided on an “as is” basis. www.comfymummy.co.za does not represent that the website or any content, service or feature of the website will be error-free, or that it will meet any particular criteria of accuracy, completeness or reliability of information, performance or quality or that the website or the servers that make it available are free from viruses or other harmful components. We accept no liability, to the extent permitted by law, for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential loss or damage of any kind whatsoever or howsoever caused arising from the access or use of our website or the purchase of any of our products. www.comfymummy.co.za does not give any warranty, express or implied, in relation to the operation of the website. Information, ideas, and opinions expressed on this website should not be regarded as professional advice. You accept and agree that your reliance on any information contained on the website is entirely at your own risk.
www.comfymummy.co.za cannot ensure that any files or other data that you download from the website will be free of viruses or contamination or destructive features.
www.comfymummy.co.za is not responsible for the acts or omissions of any third parties in connection with the use of the website.
www.comfymummy.co.za is not liable for any damages, liability or harm caused by any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use of the www.comfymummy.co.za website, whether for breach of contract, delict, or any other cause of action. You are encouraged to report any such performance failures or errors to www.comfymummy.co.za
www.comfymummy.co.za is not liable for any indirect, consequential, special, incidental or punitive damages, including lost profits, even if www.comfymummy.co.za has been advised of the possibility of such damages. These Online Terms and Conditions do not affect your statutory rights, including your rights under any applicable consumer laws, which cannot be altered by contract.
- Content on the www.comfymummy.co.za website
All content on the website, such as information, text, pictures, photographs, graphics, interfaces, and the design, structure and arrangement of the content, belongs to www.comfymummy.co.za or is licensed to www.comfymummy.co.za and is protected by law. You may not copy, reproduce, upload or post any of the content on the website without www.comfymummy.co.za prior written permission. As such, www.comfymummy.co.za and its suppliers retain all copyright and other rights to services as well as listings, information, images, videos, and databases.
- Links to third party websites
- Changes to Terms and Conditions
www.comfymummy.co.za may at its own discretion periodically update or change the Terms and Conditions without notice. Please ensure that you check these Terms and Conditions from time to time, in order to satisfy yourself with any updated or revised Terms and Conditions. The date from which the current set of Terms and Conditions came into effect is included within the Terms and Conditions and will also be updated accordingly for as long as the website continues to exist and be operated. www.comfymummy.co.za is entitled to terminate these terms and conditions or close down the website at any time, subject to processing any pending purchases.
- Changes to www.comfymummy.co.za website
The content on the website and the products and services offered may change from time to time. No notice of any changes will be given to you. www.comfymummy.co.za may also interrupt the operation of the website, or any part of the website, to perform routine or non-routine maintenance, to correct any errors, or make other changes.
If you do not comply with these Online Terms and Conditions when accessing or otherwise using the website, www.comfymummy.co.za has the right to suspend your access to the website temporarily or permanently without notice to you, depending on the severity of your actions.
- Other terms and conditions
Additional terms and conditions may apply to specific products that are made available through the www.comfymummy.co.za website and to other features that are made available on the website such as competitions. Those additional terms and conditions form part of these Online Terms and Conditions and you agree that you are bound by them. If there is a conflict between these Online Terms and Conditions and any specific terms and conditions applicable to any particular product or service or feature of the website, the specific terms and conditions will apply.
- Interpreting the contract, governing law and dispute resolution
These Online Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of South Africa, regardless of conflict of laws principles.
A court may find that some of the provisions of this contract are not enforceable. If this occurs, the remaining provisions of the contract will continue to apply. www.comfymummy.co.za will replace the affected provisions with new provisions that achieve the intended purpose but that are capable of being enforced in South Africa.
Data protection declaration
Respecting the personal rights of our customers and partners is a matter of fundamental principle for us. This includes how we handle personal data from your Internet visit. We know that you as an Internet user want your privacy sphere to be protected. We therefore act in accordance with the applicable legal provisions for the protection of personal data and for data security. Below, you can find out what data we collect, process and use and for what purposes, what rights of information you have and lots more.
Personal data are individual details about personal or material circumstances of a specific or determinable natural person. The fundamental personal datum is your name. Your address, bank account, identity card or telephone number, your email or IP address, and information about which writing system you prefer, for example, are also deemed to be personal data if they are connected with your name or can be assigned to your name by us with the means at our disposal. Such data with which it is not possible to determine your actual identity or with which to do so would at least require considerable effort are not, however, deemed to be personal. These include for example the above-mentioned information if we receive it in anonymous form or under a pseudonym and cannot therefore assign it to a natural person.
When using the Comfy Mummy website you will remain anonymous unless you voluntarily and at your own discretion provide us with personal data, such as by completing our contact form.
Automatic gathering, processing and use of personal data
On each of your visits to the Comfy Mummy website, we will automatically collect information about which IP address is assigned to your computer, which browser and which operating system you use and which areas of the Comfy Mummy website you have viewed. These data are stored in log files on the Web server. To protect against misuse of our computer systems, it is necessary to store the IP address of each visitor for a temporary period. If in addition we use the log files to assess general user behaviour for the purposes of advertising, market research or to design our website to meet the needs of users, the IP addresses and the personal data that we have received or stored from the respective user will be rendered anonymous in advance. Otherwise, the IP addresses will be deleted from the log files. As a result, you will in any event remain anonymous in connection with the automatic collection and temporary storage of your IP address. Assessment of the user behaviour, incidentally, means a statistical assessment of the click stream – i.e. which website the user comes from, how long he/she stays on the Comfy Mummy website, which areas of the Comfy Mummy website are visited and in what sequence, and for what destination the visitor leaves them. This is not to be confused with the collection of use profiles in which the surfing behaviour of a specific person is registered and stored.
Other collection, processing or use of personal data
We will only collect, process or use your personal data if you provide such to us voluntarily at your own discretion and this is legally permitted or you have given your consent.
Purpose of collecting, processing or using personal data
We will use the personal data provided by you exclusively for the purposes stated in this data protection statement or expressly agreed with you.
Use of personal data for the purpose of advertising or market research
To nurture the customer relationship with you, we will be interested on occasion in using your personal data for advertising, market research and other purposes. We will, of course, inform you of this in advance and request your express consent.
Passing on, sale or transfer of personal data to third parties
Your personal data will not be passed on, sold or transferred otherwise to third parties unless this is required for the stated or agreed purposes and is permitted without express approval under data protection law or you have expressly given your consent.
Withdrawal of consent
Under the legal provisions you have the option at all times to withdraw your consent for the collection, processing and use of your personal data for the future. To do this, please get in touch with the contact mentioned below.
On the Comfy Mummy website we use session cookies, which place data for technical session control in the memory of your browser. These data are not personal and are deleted at the latest when your browser is closed. If exceptionally we wish to store personal data in a cookie, we will seek your express consent in advance.
Right to information
On request we will be pleased to inform you what personal data we store about you, if we do at all. To do this, please get in touch with the contact mentioned below.
Changes to this data protection statement
The fast technological development of the Internet and the changes to the law in the area of data protection make it necessary for us to adapt our data protection statement from time to time to the new requirements.
If you have any questions concerning this data protection statement or our data protection behaviour on the Web, please contact: Claire Bateman